Who We Are
Angel Studios is the home of stories that amplify light. Through its platform, thousands of “Angel” investors choose which titles will be created, funded, and distributed. Angel Studios allows creators and audiences to form passionate communities around their creative projects, making the story behind the story as important as the final project itself. The studios’ first projects—The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy—have earned billions of views around the world. Learn more at Angel.com
We’re looking for passionate team members who want to build world-class products that will reshape media over the coming decades. Learn more about:
Join us and be part of stories that matter.
The Director of Marketing owns the execution and development of marketing strategies at Angel Studios. This individual directs key initiatives and oversees the vision and day-to-day management of promoting new and upcoming titles produced by the studio.
- Lead marketing efforts for Angel Studios.
- Support and oversee marketing strategy related to new and current titles produced by the studio.
- Work with filmmakers and marketing team to develop and launch strategies to promote new series and Angel Studios.
- Oversee the development and execution of digital and social media campaigns.
- Responsible for driving and growing the revenue of assigned titles.
- Track key initiatives and content drops to monthly and quarterly KPIs.
- Collaborate with digital and design teams to develop and execute advertising campaigns.
- Oversee the development of the marketing calendar for the team’s projects.
- Develop email campaigns and CX flowsTrack ad spend, budgets and ROAS on campaigns.
- Ability to direct market research.
- Knowledge of digital web strategy, web design, e-commerce, and other social media strategies.
- Experience building a YouTube channel from zero to hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
- Comprehensive experience with live streaming on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Schedule and maintain social media calendars for multiple brands.
- Build out training and instruction for the marketing team.
- Have a basic understanding of social media marketing.
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses.
- Must attend and contribute to regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in the English language required. Additional language proficiency is a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ability to write and proofread content.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience and/or deep knowledge of digital media platforms, including Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, and TikTok.
- Experience promoting movies and TV series.
- Understand metrics around Audience Growth Rate, Engagement Rate, Click-through-rate, Amplification Rate, Bounce Rate, Conversion Rate, Cost per conversion, etc.
- Must have demonstrable experience of managing multiple initiatives at the same time and working under pressure.
- Proven experience building and executing digital marketing campaigns.
- Strong strategic and creative skills.
- High competence in project and stakeholder management.
- Ability to work across teams and build relationships both internally and externally.
- An exceptional listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace.
- Detail-oriented perspective and able to pick up on overlooked details.
- Organization and time management.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions.
- Resourceful and able to problem-solve and manage tasks with ambiguity.
- Willing to perform an array of tasks both in and out of the office.
- Can take feedback to tasks and assignments positively and create better solutions.
- A quick study, able to pick up new skills and learn how to use new programs.
- Must participate in setting and achieving regularly scheduled and outlined objectives.
- Ability to take individual ownership, execute with high energy, share context, insist on candor with positive intent.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in leadership, strategy, digital marketing, and/or consulting.
- 4+ years of digital/social media marketing experience.
- 1-2 years of experience overseeing email marketing.
Preferred education and experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent.
Expectations of Leaders at Angel Studios:
- Amplify light in every action.
- As the owner of your outcomes, you are empowered to break down silos and coordinate with any and all people you need in order to reach your goals.
- You are ultimately responsible for achieving the outcomes while also using resources wisely - whether that be money, people, or time.
- Know your customer - it might be our viewers, investors, creators, or internal Angel Teams. Ensure you understand your customer and are providing what THEY need and not just what you want to build.
Work environment - When in the main office, expect a comfortable, air-conditioned work environment. Team members are issued their own desks, but the office is an open, shared space and can be fast-paced and occasionally noisy.
Physical demands - Will need to be able to travel via airline overseas. May need to stand for significant periods of time and/or walk significant distances while traveling or attending events. May potentially require the ability to carry equipment or gear weighing up to 15-20 lbs.
Position type and expected hours of work - Regular full-time, 40 hours per week.
Travel required - Will require significant regular domestic and international travel, including overnight stays. Must hold a current passport and be vaccinated for COVID-19 to accommodate travel requirements.
Work authorization - Must be authorized to work in the United States.
EEO statement: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Angel is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.
We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Angel are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.