Who We Are
Angel Studios is the home of stories that amplify light. Through its platform, thousands of “Angel” investors choose which titles will be created, funded, and distributed. Angel Studios allows creators and audiences to form passionate communities around their creative projects, making the story behind the story as important as the final project itself. The studios’ first projects—The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy—have earned billions of views around the world. Learn more at Angel.com
We’re looking for passionate team members who want to build world-class products that will reshape media over the coming decades. Learn more about:Our North StarCompany StrategyTeam Principles
Join us and be part of stories that matter.Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who loves working on massively scalable distributed applications to join our team and help build our growing portfolio of products that enable a consumer to enjoy content that they can co-create with the creators through our platform. In this role, you’ll work with a high-energy, cross-functional team, which will include other developers, product managers, and designers to perfect the viewing and community engagement experience for viewers of TV shows and movies across all Angel Studios web, mobile, and TV apps.
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance. You also recognize when you're wrong, learning from your mistakes and moving past them.
- Enjoy creating massively scalable and high performance applications that support experiences that delight and surprise every consumer who use your carefully crafted interfaces.
- Are curious about the evolution of technology and are constantly seeking to improve your craft by taking advantage of the advances made in the field.
- Strive to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve, learn and grow.
- Enjoy collaborating with a diverse team and empowering everyone to do the best work of their life.
We would love to work with you if:
- You've a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- You've 5+ years of software development experience
- You are experienced in the infrastructure needed to make compelling backend applications such as API development (GraphQL, REST).
- You are experienced with API frameworks (Django, NodeJS, Go, Spring Boot, Phoenix), as well as database interaction and modeling (Relational, No SQL, Graph, and Big Data). Django is a must.
- You are experienced with queuing (Kafka, Kinesis, etc)
- You are passionate about careful design & architectural planning that lead to a codebase that is future-proof and maintainable.
- You enjoy the challenge and opportunity to lead and improve the development experience at Angel Studios by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and code structure.
- You are proactive and detail oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with evolving requirements.
Perks at Angel:
Angel is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Option equity package
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents (US employees)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) investment opportunity
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Remote work opportunities
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Angel are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.