About the company
At Divvy, Our vision is to become the modern software bank for business of every small-to-medium business in America. Our FREE
financial SaaS platform enables businesses to spend smarter by providing instant insight and transparency into company-wide spend and the ability to easily manage it; all in real-time! (+ many more features!)
In June 2021, Divvy joined forces with Bill.com
through a $2.5 billion dollar acquisition, validating our mission to build the one-stop-shop for business finances. With 500+ mission-driven employees and extreme monthly growth, we’re well on our way. The company partners with several of the largest U.S. financial institutions, the majority of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and popular accounting software providers. Bill.com
has its headquarters in San Jose, California with offices in Houston, Texas, Draper, Utah, and Sydney, Australia.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and dedicated person to join Bill.com
/ Divvy's Risk Strategy team. This role will report to the Director, Risk Strategy and will work closely with cross functional teams to formulate fraud risk management strategies and controls for payments across different channels. This person will be responsible for building and maintaining the risk strategies and collaborate with cross functional teams to operationalize these risk strategies. This position requires a person who has experience with using data to inform insights, influence stakeholders on relative priorities, management, refining risk strategies and driving initiatives.
This role will be based onsite in our HQ office in Draper, Utah and would require to come onsite from time to time.
You will need to have:
- 7+ years of experience in risk management within the Fin-tech or financial services industries with an emphasis on fraud risks within card issuing space.
- Bachelor's degree; MS/MA/MBA degree preferred in Business, Economics, Finance, Analytics, Mathematics, or a related fieldStrong knowledge of the fundamentals of risk strategy such as fraud detection and prevention, balancing customer experience against rising fraud threats, using data to draw insights for risk mitigation.
- Adept at SQL queries, reporting and presenting findings; Proficiency in Excel and other visualization tools
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to prioritize manage multiple projects at once
- Exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively with Product Management, Engineering teams to convey the strategy and work through the roadmap prioritization, planning and implementation. Also collaborating effectively with Customer success and sales teams while dealing with escalations and effectively communicating the risk policies to the broader organization.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with defining, developing, and deploying risk management methodologies and models including data science and rule-based and predictive fraud models.
- Expertise in driving operational efficiencies and scale through ongoing policy and model optimization.
- Communicate and liaise effectively with the Compliance team and formulate the strategy for new product launches.
- Experience managing cross-functional, multi-stakeholder processes, communicating and influencing stakeholders at various levels across functional boundaries
- Experience in working at matrixed organizations with strong cross-functional collaboration
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Familiarity with typical credit data, systems & technologies is highly valuable
- Experience in building and managing a high performing team is a plus.
Competencies (Attributes needed to be successful in this role):
- Payment platform and issuing transactional fraud domain knowledge
- Problem solving / Decision making
- Management experience
- Out-of-the-box thinking with an ability to be highly flexible
- Highly analytical, ability to use logical reasoning and draw conclusions from insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsTeam Player
Expected Outcomes in 12 months:
- Develop product risk assessment for new products and define the risk criteria for offering the products
- Present findings to leadership and other stakeholders and drive the discussions to reach an alignment on the best solutions
- Designing & maintaining data driven fraud strategies for new and existing products to minimize fraud losses and continue the spend & revenue growth
- Creates reports and dashboards on the results of implemented strategies, using all appropriate quantitative methods and makes recommendations to increase efficiencies and revenue while managing risk and produce those reports on a regular basis
- Design short term and long term strategies to prevent future fraud and present them to leadership
- Work with modeling team to implement strategies to implement fraud risk models
- Work with product and engineering teams to introduce risk strategies into customer onboarding and payment flows
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to prioritize, implement, and optimize risk mitigation policies and controls