About the company
At Divvy, Our vision is to become the modern software bank for business of every small-to-medium business in America. Our FREE
financial SaaS platform enables businesses to spend smarter by providing instant insight and transparency into company-wide spend and the ability to easily manage it; all in real-time! (+ many more features!)
In June 2021, Divvy joined forces with Bill.com through a $2.5 billion dollar acquisition, validating our mission to build the one-stop-shop for business finances. With 500+ mission-driven employees and extreme monthly growth, we’re well on our way.
*All positions at Divvy are eligible for remote work - within the United States*About the position
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Database Engineer (DevOps) to join our team and focus on our databases. As a Database Engineer, you will help champion database infrastructure management, performance, and scaling across Divvy’s platform. This role will work closely with Engineering and DevOps team and is an opportunity to help create infrastructure and best practices using cutting edge technologies as we continue to go through high business scale.
What you'll be doing
- Work on a cloud infrastructure built on Amazon Web Services (EC2, EKS, Postgres, MySQLRDS/Aurora)
- SQL Query tuning/optimization
, schema and indexing best practices
- Monitoring and alerting around proven Database specific metrics
- Implement best practices around multi-region database replication (active/active) and partitioning
- Provide best practices towards our implementation of Infrastructure as Code and some configuration management with Ansible
- Use Terraform extensively provision all new infrastructure and backport legacy infrastructure
- Improve an existing CI process, implement Continuous Delivery, and push Release Engineering best practices especially around schema and data modification
- Help formulate a strong culture using CAMS methodology: (Culture Automation Measurement and Sharing)Create processes, scripts and tools that will enable the entire engineering team to ship better, faster, and more reliably
- Work closely with software engineers and architects to enable platform scaling, security best practices
- Participate in on-call rotation (after platform ramp up period)
- Experience managing cloud-based databases with RDS/Aurora
- Bonus points if you have worked with Kafka, Snowflake, Redis, ElastiCache
- Experience in handling data replication, along with strategies for handling high-availability of databases
- Experience working in Site Reliability / DevOps with a focus on databases for 5+ years
- Have a solid understanding of best practices in production environmentsIn depth, hands-on experience of the concepts, architecture, data modeling, design and administration of relational databases that would include PostgresSQL
- Infrastructure design, scaling, High Availability (HA), and Disaster Recovery (DR) SQL Query performance, indexing best practices
- Multi-region deployment experience, and data partitioning
- Administration; monitoring, backups, restores, anonymizing data, etc
- Experience with configuration management using tools like Ansible, Salt, Puppet
- Passionate about Observability and the tools required to view and explore the state of a platform
- Have worked with monitoring and logging tools such as (Datadog, New Relic)
- Familiarity with containers, container orchestration and security best practices
- Have worked with and understand vanilla Docker.
- Experience with EKS and Kubernetes is a large bonusExperience working in a cross functional environment with Engineers on multiple fronts (Backend, Frontend, Product, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- Experience handling sensitive data such as PII and PCI
- Experience mentoring, teaching, and educating others on best practices
At Divvy, we’ve been intentional in designing scalable benefits, rewards, and perks that meet our workforce where they are while managing expectations as we scale. Just as pay parity was foundational for us in base salary, and remains our commitment and priority, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Divvy, you’ll enjoy:• Health insurance premiums for all Full-Time employees covered at 100%• Stock grants for salaried employees • Unlimited PTO for Full-Time employees / Accrued PTO for Part-Time/Hourly employees• 401K• FlexWork - you choose how you work whether it be remote (anywhere in the USA), in-office, or some combination of the two• 12 weeks paid parental leave for all Full-Time employees
Perks are nice, but perks don’t make a company or individual successful - the work does. At Divvy, we’re building the financial nervous system of business - faster, better, smarter, and the work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams while feeling well supported in our benefits.
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**