The Director of Product Management is the lead shepherd of product marketing strategy and execution of the company’s product and various features. You need to be a high-level strategist to imagine our possibilities. Yet at our stage have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done yourself.
You will work closely with your staff and with our development and sales teams to oversee the creation of product positioning, internal enablement, content and campaign strategy and deliver continuous value throughout the entire customer journey.
- This person is leading the strategy for our product marketing efforts. This will impact what we say, how we say and it and ultimately why people want to buy from us.
- This is a crucial function that will partner with several cross functional departments to help Weave solidify its message and realize its potential.
- This position will manage the entire product marketing strategy overall, the marketing insights needed to support it and the customer marketing that results from it.
- This position will not be given so-called check boxes to go and check. They will have to identify both the problems and solutions to those problems.
- There is flexibility for how you may want to structure the team.
- You and your team are responsible to:
- Establish the messaging and positioning for our products and features and bundles
- Define, build and execute the go-to-market, launch timeline, content strategy and communication plan for new feature releases for both current customers and prospects
- Work closely with development, sales, customer success, training and onboarding to drive consistency around how we talk about Weave and Weave’s products
- Create enablement material for our sales team around users, personas, market fit, competitive advantage and benefits
- Build campaigns to support customer acquisition, customer retention and customer upsells
- Deliver continuous value around our products throughout the entire customer journey
- Support new market launches with competitive research, messaging recommendations and product positioning for new industries
- Clear, and proven ability to develop and launch successful products with proven ROI
- Capability to define/redefine a product’s message/messaging.
- Clear evidence of successful past relationships between product, sales and product marketing (you)
- Capability to engender trust and align teams, executives and stakeholders to your cause. You should have evidence of a lockstep process. Additional plusses awarded if you have converted a prior organization to the value of integrated product marketing management.
- You lead from the front. We are a get-things-done kind of company. We make actionable decisions based on valid data, and then we move. You need to be this kind of leader.
- You have a proven ability to work cross-functionally to mobilize internal teams to deliver continuous value to customers
- You can write! You are as comfortable writing short-form website content as you are writing internal strategy documents
- You take a lot of initiative, but are continuously collaborative
- You are a critical thinker and can scope the entire customer journey while making tactical impact with email campaigns, sales enablement pieces, sales training, etc.
- You can communicate complex ideas and timelines to diverse audiences and stakeholders to gain consensus