Who We Are
Angel Studios is the home of stories that amplify light. Through its platform, thousands of “Angel” investors choose which titles will be created, funded, and distributed. Angel Studios allows creators and audiences to form passionate communities around their creative projects, making the story behind the story as important as the final project itself. The studios’ first projects—The Chosen and Dry Bar Comedy—have earned billions of views around the world. Learn more at Angel.com
We’re looking for passionate team members who want to build world-class products that will reshape media over the coming decades. Learn more about:Our North StarCompany StrategyTeam Principles
Join us and be part of stories that matter.Role
In this position, working with other teams, you will lead a team of frontend web engineers to help us shape and drive the future of Angel Studios' web experiences. You will be responsible for delivering and operating the website experiences that fans engage with at Angel Studios.As an Engineering Manager (Frontend Web) in our Engagement organization, you’ll lead a team of talented engineers to solve broad technical and user experience challenges. The ideal leader is someone who is humble, hungry, smart, and likes to get into the details. They will be the ones who can inspire development teams and ensure that software is delivered at a high-quality bar.Your team will create, own, architect, and work on the web experiences that are used by millions of Angel Studios fans, customers, investors, and creators.
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance. You also recognize when you're wrong, learn from your mistakes, and move past them.
- Have the aptitude and foundational skills to lead and inspire people to be better than who they were yesterday.
- Enjoy creating and leading engineers who create beautiful, rich, inviting digital experiences that delight and surprise every person who views your craft by connecting deeply with the way users feel and anticipating their needs.
- Are curious about the evolution of technology and are constantly seeking to improve your craft by taking advantage of the advances made in the field.
- Strive to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve, learn and grow.
- Enjoy working with people and empowering everyone to do the best work of their life by ensuring they can leverage technology to serve them.
We would love to work with you if:
- You can hire, build, and lead a high-performance team of frontend engineers while being hands-on. Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement. Establish a sense of urgency and direction, set expectations with the team and individuals.
- You can support the team by managing workload, prioritizing tasks, delegating, escalations, unblocking impediments, and proof of concepts with strategic vision in mind.
- You can develop tight relationships with multiple software development partners, ensuring that product needs are met from a delivery and execution perspective
- You can build, maintain, and cultivate a testing culture that allows the team to move quickly and at the same time, deliver the highest quality experiences to customers.
- You can gain a deep understanding of the end to end architecture of Angel Studios
- You can lead all aspects of our frontend infrastructure and user experience that will ensure availability, performance, and scalability.
- You are experienced in the infrastructure needed to make compelling frontend experience such as API development (GraphQL, REST), and frameworks (React, Vue, Angular, Ember, Jamstack)
- You work closely with engineering leaders to identify bottlenecks in our existing software infrastructure and guide the team through a path forward to improve and scale it. Ensure that technical decisions support our quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security goals.
- You can generate, enhance, innovate, and promote ideas for useful new projects and technologies
- You are passionate about careful design & architectural planning that lead to a codebase that is future-proof and maintainable.
- You enjoy the challenge and opportunity to lead and improve the development experience at Angel Studios by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and code structure.
- You are proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and evolving requirements.
Perks at Angel Studios
Angel is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Option equity package
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents (US employees)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Life, AD&D, Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) investment opportunity
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development reimbursement
- Gym reimbursement
- Remote work opportunities
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because teams are stronger with different perspectives and experiences.We value a diverse workplace and encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of Angel are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.